Monitor Audio CT165 In-Ceiling Speaker
All ‘Trimless’ 100 Series loudspeakers combine the proprietary technologies and materials found in our award-winning Bronze and Radius in-room loudspeakers with ‘stealthy’ trimless grilles for easy, discreet, décor-friendly installation. The ‘Trimless’ 100 Series models are two-way designs that utilise advanced MMP®II bass drivers and Monitor Audio’s trademark C-CAM® gold dome tweeter to provide high-performance sound, ease of drive, and wide frequency response and dispersion. Optimum imaging and set-up are established via a pivoting tweeter and high-frequency (+3dB / 0dB /-3dB) level adjustment.
We invest as much care, expertise and research in the smallest loudspeaker as we do in the grandest. Irrespective of architecture or interior design, Monitor Audio’s range gives you the freedom to supply high quality sound from a versatile mix of floor, stand, wall and flush-mounted speakers. The C165 is a brilliant little in-ceiling speaker which is easy to install and has a clear, dynamic performance worthy of the brand. As part of the 100 Series of architectural speakers, it offers the biggest bass driver size of any speaker in its class, providing a convincing full-range sound in a wide range of locations.
2-way design with pivoting C-CAM® tweeters (15 degrees of play).
High overall efficiency.
High frequency level adjustment (3dB).
Audio match with BR-CP, Radius-CP, Climate 10 and Bronze BR and Radius Series hi-fi speakers.
Our innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
Aluminium alloy grille for rust-free performance and longevity. It is non magnetic and lighter in weight.
Paint-able surface to blend with the living environment. A paint mask and additional scrim material are provided for trouble free painting.
Fire retardant to UL-94 VO rating.
Splash and humidity proof for installation in shower room or pool areas.
Features dust protection cover that is designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover.
- Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 25 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 88.5 dB
- Impedance (Nominal): 6 ohms
- Maximum SPL (Single unit in free space): 107.4 dBA
- Power Handling (RMS): 65 W
- Recommended Amp Requirements: 10 - 65 W
- Drivers: 1 x 6.5” MMP®II cone bass driver
- 1 x 1” C-CAM® Pivoting gold dome tweeter
- Overall Diameter: 250 mm (9 13/16 inch)
- Overall Depth: 117 mm (4 5/8 inch)
- Cut-Out Diameter: 211 mm (8 5/16 inch)
- Mounting Depth: 112 mm (4 7/16 inch)
- Controls: +3db / 0dB / -3dB High frequency level switch
- Fixing Type: 3 position Tri-Grip dog fixings
- Cable Connection: Gold plated ‘push’ type terminals
- Construction Material: Mineral filled ABS plastic (UL94/V0 rated, RoHS compliant)
- Weight: 1.92 Kg (4.2lb)